Highway crashes can range in severity from a minor fender bender to a catastrophic, multi-vehicle collision. Accident victims may sustain bumps and bruises or traumatic injuries that require extensive medical care. In either case, the at-fault party and their insurance company may try to undervalue your claim for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering after an accident.
At Minner Vines Injury Lawyers, PLLC, our Lexington highway crashes lawyers help injured clients pursue full compensation for their accident injuries. In fact, our car accident attorney in Lexington, KY, has been battling large insurance companies, trucking companies, and defense firms for decades.
Table of Contents
Our Lexington Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Every Aspect of Your Highway Accident Claim
Minner Vines Injury Lawyers, PLLC is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm in Lexington, Kentucky with decades of experience.
Our Lexington personal injury attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our clients over the past century. We’ve been in business for a long time, and our law office has acquired vast resources and extensive support staff to handle the most complex personal injury cases.
When you hire our law office, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your case thoroughly
- Provide honest, open communication throughout your case
- File a claim with the insurance provider for the at-fault party
- Aggressively represent you in settlement negotiations and at trial
- Answer your questions promptly and provide updates about your case
- Use our extensive resources to fight for maximum compensation for you
We encourage you to reach out to our office to schedule a free consultation with one of our Lexington car accident lawyers. Get the legal advice you need from a trusted, aggressive advocate for accident victims.
Why Do Highway Accidents Happen?
Most highway accidents are caused by human error and negligence. Sadly, innocent victims are injured and killed because of other drivers’ carelessness or recklessness.
Common factors that lead to auto accidents on highways include:
- Higher speed limits and excessive speeds
- Following too closely or tailgating
- Improper lane changes and aggressive driving
- Drugged driving and drunk driving
- Distracted driving, including texting and use of cell phones and other electronic devices
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Improperly maintained roads, road debris, and other road hazards
- Poor weather conditions
Negligent drivers ignore the road and exhibit dangerous driving behaviors. Road rage is becoming a common factor in many highway accidents and crashes.
Highway Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
The risk of traumatic injuries increases with higher speeds. The risk of crashes involving commercial trucks and multiple vehicles also increases the chance of severe injuries from highway accidents.
Highway accident injuries include:
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Multiple broken bones and fractures
- Paralysis and amputations
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Chest and internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Some victims might sustain a permanent impairment or disability because of an auto accident on the highway. A highway accident can even prevent you from returning to work, caring for yourself, or enjoying your regular daily activities.
What Damages Are Available for a Highway Accident in Lexington?
The types of damages in a highway crash case include noneconomic damages (pain and suffering) and economic damages (financial losses).
Economic damages include lost wages, medical bills, personal care, and other financial losses or expenses related to the accident. A person with a permanent impairment may also experience a decrease in future earning potential and the cost of ongoing medical and personal care.
Non-economic damages cover the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by the accident and your injuries. They also compensate for decreases in your quality of life. Scarring, disfigurement, and permanent impairments are also examples of non-economic losses.
Property damage claims are separate from personal injury claims. The amount of property damage caused by the crash is generally settled early in the case.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused by Highway Crashes in Lexington?
Liability means that a party is financially responsible for the damages caused by an accident. In most cases, the driver who caused the highway crash is liable for damages.
However, there could be other parties that share in the liability. For accidents involving large trucks, the trucking company, shipper, loader, truck manufacturer, and maintenance facility may share liability for a personal injury claim.
If a defective automobile part contributed to the cause of a car accident, the manufacturer could be partially to blame for the accident. Likewise, if a government entity fails to maintain the highway, it could be liable.
Sorting out the liable parties can be one of the most challenging elements of a highway accident case. Our Lexington car accident attorneys have significant experience in uncovering how an accident occurred and identifying all the parties who might be liable for your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Lexington Auto Accident Lawyers
Highway crashes often come with high costs. You might have considerable medical bills and lost wages. Or, you may have lost a loved one. Our legal team at Minner Vines Injury Lawyers, PLLC can help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver.
Call (859) 550-2900 now to schedule your free consultation with one of our Lexington highway crashes lawyers. We want to hear what happened to you and help you get the justice you deserve.
At Minner Vines Injury Lawyers, PLLC, we handle all types of car accident claims in Lexington, including:
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Intersection Crashes
- Left Turn Accidents
- Mechanical Failure Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear End Crashes
- Rollover Accidents
- Self-driving Car Accidents
- Single Crash
- T-Bone Accidents
- Uninsured-Underinsured Accidents
Additional Lexington Car Accident Resources
- Airbag Injuries
- Car Seat Safety Guidelines
- Can I be Compensated for Pre-existing Conditions?
- Can I be Reimbursed For Lost Wages?
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Lexington — Causes & Determining Fault
- Child Car Seat Laws
- How long Will my Car Accident Take To Settle?
- Kentucky Car Inspection Laws
- Lexington Car Accident Statistics
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Lexington, KY
- Passenger Injuries
- Questions to a Lexington Car Lawyer