Were you or a family member injured on the job in Lexington, KY? You may be entitled to compensation over and beyond what workers’ compensation covers under Kentucky personal injury laws. An experienced Lexington workplace accident lawyer at Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have over 70 years of legal experience between us. We’ve successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of accident victims like you–including multiple hundred-million-dollar verdicts.
There’s no risk in learning about your legal rights. Just call our law firm in Lexington, Kentucky to schedule a free consultation today at (859) 550-2900.
How Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Workplace Accident in Lexington
Despite strict labor laws, work accidents happen often. Fighting for compensation can be one of the most important things you do if you sustain a serious work injury. Unfortunately, employers and their workers’ compensation insurance company won’t always make it easy to recover the money you need.
An experienced Lexington personal injury lawyer can make a world of difference when it comes to recovering the most compensation available.
At Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers, we’ve been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers Magazine. We’ve also earned a perfect rating from the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell rating service. Most importantly, we’ve recovered over $1 billion in compensation for accident victims to date.
Hiring our lawyers means you’ll have a team to:
- Determine who was responsible for your injuries
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Evaluate your rights under state personal injury laws
- Calculate your case value
- Handle all documentation and communications with the insurance company
- Negotiate to maximize your settlement or verdict
You probably have many different questions if you were hurt on the job. Call our personal injury lawyer in Lexington, KY to get the legal advice you need and deserve today.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Lexington?
Workplace injuries are much more common than you might think. Not all of those injuries happen on dangerous construction sites. Thousands of workers are injured in offices, restaurants, and other worksites every year.
According to data compiled by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 47,900 non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported in the state of Kentucky in 2020 alone.
If you were hurt on the job, you aren’t alone. Our workers’ compensation attorneys in Lexington are here to fight for the money you deserve. Call for a free consultation today.
What is My Lexington Workplace Accident Case Worth?
No two cases are exactly the same.
Our lawyers will examine all relevant factors when we’re calculating the value of your personal injury case, including:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The value of your lost wages
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll suffer any permanent impairment
- How the injury might impact your future and future earning capacity
- The strength of your negligence case
The value of your case can also vary depending on whether you’re eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit or are limited to workers’ compensation benefits.
Your workers’ compensation benefits are limited to about ⅔ of your average weekly wages prior to the accident. They’re also subject to a cap imposed by state law. In 2022, the maximum workers’ compensation check you can receive is $1,074.12 per week.
You can’t sue your employer for additional amounts under Kentucky workers’ compensation laws. You might be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit if someone other than your employer was responsible.
For example, your case value may be higher if you can file a third-party claim against:
- A negligent driver who caused a car accident
- The manufacturer of a defective tool
- A property owner who failed to maintain their premises
- A general contractor or subcontractor
In these cases, you’re entitled to seek compensation for your non-economic damages in addition to your financial losses.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Workplace Accident Victims?
The types of compensation you may receive depends on whether you can file a third-party lawsuit.
Workers’ compensation benefits provide compensation for:
- Reasonable and necessary medical treatment
- Lost wages while you recover
- Permanent disability
- Vocational retraining if you’re unable to return to your past employment
- Death benefits in fatal accident cases
Under Kentucky personal injury laws, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- All of your lost income and wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, depression, or PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Do you want to make sure you’re getting the fair compensation you deserve? Call our workers’ compensation lawyers in Lexington for a free consultation today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Workplace Accident in Kentucky?
Probably. Kentucky is a pure comparative negligence state. In a personal injury lawsuit, liability is divided between all parties who share fault. That includes the injured victim. So, if you were 40% responsible for your injuries, you can only recover 60% of your settlement or verdict.
You can file a claim and receive workers’ comp benefits even if you were 100% responsible for the accident. In other words, the shared fault rules don’t apply under Kentucky’s no-fault workers’ compensation laws.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Workplace Accident Injuries
Workplace injuries have the potential to be severe. While some injured workers bounce back quickly, others can struggle for weeks or even months.
At Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Knee, hip, and shoulder injuries
- Nerve damage
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burn injuries
- Eye injuries
- Lung damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Reach out to our legal team to schedule a free consultation today if you were injured in the workplace. Our work injury attorneys will do everything possible to recover the money you need and deserve.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Lexington, Kentucky?
OSHA provides detailed reports regarding the most common causes of workplace accidents in the United States.
Some of the most common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Failure to provide adequate fall protection
- Failure to communicate about hazards
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Scaffolding accidents
- Improper scaffold installation or defective scaffolding
- Inadequate worker training
- Failure to properly inspect the worksite
- Failure to provide proper machine guards
- Lack of proper respiratory protection
- Defective or dangerous ladders
- Safety violations involving powered industrial trucks
At Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of workplace accident claims, including those involving:
- Scaffolding falls or scaffolding collapse
- Falls from roofs, ladders, and other heights
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Electrocution and electric shock
- Fires and explosions
- Accidents where workers are caught between two objects
- Accidents where workers are hit by falling objects
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Building collapse
- Welding accidents
- Defective or unsafe work equipment
- Crane, forklift, and other heavy machinery accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Sexual assault
If you or a loved one have been injured in the workplace, our law group is here to help. Just give us a quick call to discuss your work injury case today.
Do I Have to Prove Negligence to Recover Compensation After a Workplace Accident in Kentucky?
Most accidents happen because someone was careless.
You can receive workers’ comp benefits regardless of how your accident happened, so you won’t have to prove negligence. However, to recover compensation from a third party who contributed to the cause of your accident, you’ll most likely have to prove negligence.
To file a lawsuit based on negligence, you’ll have to prove:
- A third party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You sustained damages because of the accident
Our lawyers can help you determine who was responsible for your injuries. To learn more about how we can help, call to schedule a free case review with our Lexington workplace accident attorneys today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Workplace Accident in Kentucky?
The statute of limitations in Kentucky is only one year. You’ll have one year from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait any longer, you’ll lose your right to sue for damages.
However, you should notify your employer about the injury as quickly as possible. That way, you won’t risk losing your right to file a workers’ compensation claim for benefits.
Contact a Lexington Workplace Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you injured on the job? Regardless of how you were hurt, you may have the right to compensation. Our lawyers can help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve. Just call Minner Vines Moncus Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with a Lexington workplace accident lawyer.
Our Lexington personal injury law firm also provides:
- Lexington, KY Brain Injury Lawyers
- Lexington Car Accident Lawyers
- Child Injury Lawyers in Lexington, Kentucky
- Lexington, KY Construction Accident Lawyers
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Lexington
- Lexington, Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Lexington Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Lexington, KY
- Lexington Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lexington Product Liability Lawyers
- Lexington, KY Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Lexington, KY
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Lexington, Kentucky